Excitement is in the air! Only 2 days left to Kona. This will be Maverick Multisport Pro Triathlete Laurel Wassner’s 2nd Kona World Championship, and she means business! No regrets. No excuses. Go Laurel! Enjoy the moment.
- Laurel Wassner
- Age 41
- 8 years as a triathlete
- Career highlights
- 2016: 2nd Ironman Mont-Tremblant, 2nd Wildflower Triathlon, 2nd Ecuador 70.3
- 2015: 5th Ironman Brasil
- 2014: 1st Challenge Atlantic City Iron Distance, 3rd Wildflower Triathlon
- 2nd participation in World Championship in Kona
- Bike: E-119 Tri
- Bike set-up (see photo below)
- Speciality: versatile
- Personal saying
- “Forget regret or life is yours to miss.” -Jonathan Larson
- Bike split objective?
- As close to 5 hours as I can get
- Favourite food during the race
- It's more about my favourite food after the race: which in Hawaii is poke!
- Superstition/preparation ritual
- Short evening run the night before the race
© Photo: Wildflower Triathlon