Reporting to the Director of the R&D department, you will develop new products in collaboration with various partners and consolidate Argon 18’s position among the industry leaders. You will be the master builder of a new generation of software tools bringing the latest technologies to high-performance cycling.
- Tech savvy: you can push past the front end of the application and get right to the guts of how it works.
- Insightful: you understand the expectations of next generation app users and how to blend that with easy-to-use functionality for the rest of the population.
- Awesome: you get it, you believe in it, and you enjoy sharing the love.
- Manage all phases of application development and solutions from conception to deployment and documentation, in collaboration with various service providers.
- Act as a technical leader in the development of analysis, architecture, design, development and implementation of applications.
- Support project management, timelines and coordination of efforts among the various members of the development team.
- Perform quality control and validation of the product.
- Be able to integrate new technologies (wearable, biometrics, payments, etc.) to define new standards within our industry.
- Conduct research and identify the required product.
- Ensure continuous improvement of software products and maintain/supply the list of functions to develop.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of software development experience
- Relevant experience in mobile application development
- Relevant experience in project management of software development
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile development methods
- High level of autonomy, leadership and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a changing environment and under pressure
- Experience in programming of embedded electronics an asset
- Ability to develop an exceptional user experience
- Minimal knowledge of cycling and high performance sport, an asset
Anyone wishing to apply should send his or her resume and cover letter.
Status: Permanent position
Location: Busnago, Italy
Reporting to the International Sales Director, the main tasks and responsibilities of the technical representative at Argon 18 are to give technical training, service and presentations to all types & levels of customers, mainly distributors and retailers.
- Supply Argon 18 distributors and key retailers in Europe and Asia with technical support and service
- Collect technical/business information during visits to distributors throughout Europe and
- Prepare and support creation of presentation materials for usage at distributor and retailer level
- Evaluate and analyze disputed warranties and complaints from the market regarding Argon 18 products and report accordingly
- Produce content for technical advisories, FAQ’s and trouble-shooting when needed
- Assembly of bikes on a limited basis
- Management and maintenance of a fleet of demo bikes
- Communicate with professional team mechanics
- Execute marketing activities and attend events
- A technical or commercial certification but acting and thinking on a business level
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in the bicycle industry
- Good skills with software to create customer-facing material (i.e. Power Point, Excel)
- Proven technical knowledge of bicycle products and affinity with the bicycle industry
- Good language skills in English both verbally and in writing; French/Italian are bonus
- Willingness to travel across Europe and Asia (including weekends)
- Expertise: You possess and maintain expertise within your own working field. You are a knowledge base for colleagues and partners. You pass on know-how to other people.
- Conceptual thinking: You clarify and simplify complicated situations or ideas, making them easier to understand.
- Analytical thinking: You can solve problems by assessing and evaluating them systematically.
- Information seeking: You possess the capacity to get the required information by conducting research and by working with colleagues in order to get information and ideas to better service customers.
Spécialiste de la chaîne d'approvisionnement
Spécialiste de la chaîne d'approvisionnement
DESCRIPTION DU POSTE
Sous l’autorité du Directeur des Opérations, le titulaire du poste sera responsable de coordonner la chaîne d’approvisionnement.
- Supervision de l’acheteuse et de la responsable logistique
- Gestion des prévisions (forecasts)
- Transfert des forecasts ventes en forecasts achats
- Communication des forecasts aux différents fournisseurs
- Suivi des ventes par rapport aux forecasts et ajustements des forecasts
- Calcul des différents besoins en matière première à l’aide du système de planification des ressources de l’organisation (ERP)
- Négociation de prix et d’ententes avec des fournisseurs
- Gestion des entrepôts à l’international et aux États-Unis
- Gestion de l’assemblage des vélos à l’international
- Gestion de la consolidation des envois provenant des différents fournisseurs asiatiques
- Optimisation de la logistique des envois internationaux
- Optimisation des coûts de transport
- Optimisation des frais reliés aux tarifs douaniers
- Collaboration à l’optimisation du système ERP
- Gestion des dossiers de logistique spéciaux
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMALES REQUISES
- Expérience dans un poste similaire
- Bilinguisme anglais/français à l’oral et à l’écrit
- Habileté en négociation
- Bonne connaissance de la suite MS Office
- Planification et organisation du travail
- Capacité d’adaptation
- Capacité à travailler sous pression
- Capacité à gérer plusieurs tâches simultanément
PROCÉDURE DE MISE EN CANDIDATURE
Toute personne qui désire poser sa candidature doit faire parvenir son curriculum vitae, accompagné d’une lettre de présentation.
- Statut : poste permanent
- Lieu de travail : Montréal
- Seuls les candidats retenus seront contactés.
Project and Production Engineer
Project and Production Engineer
Reporting directly to the R&D Director, the candidate will have the main task of managing product projects from conception to marketing, taking charge of prototyping, product qualification and production.
The Project and Production Engineer will also support the projects’ technical reviews in progress, testing and validation plans from a mechanical point of view.
He or she will play an important role in meeting the performance criteria, requirements, standards and regulations in force at every project stages. The engineer will therefore put in place control measures to ensure that these elements are met and respected.
He or she will be the link between the development team and the suppliers for the production of the products.
He or she will be the technical authority regarding the processes and design of various products.
Generally speaking, the Engineer must also:
- Close projects on prescribed costs, budgets and schedules
- Maintain a good quality relationship with suppliers
- Actively collaborate with the R&D team, and operations and marketing teams
- Support the operations team in the release of new products
- Analyze nonconformities and collaborate in the identification of root causes and the implementation of required corrective measures
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on project progress
- Be available for travel to Asia as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant credential
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes used (composites, cold forging, plastic injection)
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English
- Minimum of 5 years in a product development environment
- Communication skills
- Methodical and rigorous
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Autonomous and able to manage its time