At Argon 18, we believe that teamwork is the key to success. What makes us such a solid team? It’s simple: our passion for bikes coupled with our expertise.
From research and development to communications, sales, bike assembly, accounting and human resources, Argon 18 believes in helping all its employees reach their personal and professional objectives, all this in an energetic workplace that encourages advancement and effort.
Reporting to the Director of the R&D department, you will develop new products in collaboration with various partners and consolidate Argon 18’s position among the industry leaders. You will be the master builder of a new generation of software tools bringing the latest technologies to high-performance cycling.
- Tech savvy: you can push past the front end of the application and get right to the guts of how it works.
- Insightful: you understand the expectations of next generation app users and how to blend that with easy-to-use functionality for the rest of the population.
- Awesome: you get it, you believe in it, and you enjoy sharing the love.
- Manage all phases of application development and solutions from conception to deployment and documentation, in collaboration with various service providers.
- Act as a technical leader in the development of analysis, architecture, design, development and implementation of applications.
- Support project management, timelines and coordination of efforts among the various members of the development team.
- Perform quality control and validation of the product.
- Be able to integrate new technologies (wearable, biometrics, payments, etc.) to define new standards within our industry.
- Conduct research and identify the required product.
- Ensure continuous improvement of software products and maintain/supply the list of functions to develop.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of software development experience
- Relevant experience in mobile application development
- Relevant experience in project management of software development
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile development methods
- High level of autonomy, leadership and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a changing environment and under pressure
- Experience in programming of embedded electronics an asset
- Ability to develop an exceptional user experience
- Minimal knowledge of cycling and high performance sport, an asset
Anyone wishing to apply should send his or her resume and cover letter.
Status: Permanent position
Technical Representative - Busnago, Italy
Technical Representative - Busnago, Italy
Location: Busnago, Italy
Reporting to the International Sales Director, the main tasks and responsibilities of the technical representative at Argon 18 are to give technical training, service and presentations to all types & levels of customers, mainly distributors and retailers.
- Supply Argon 18 distributors and key retailers in Europe and Asia with technical support and service
- Collect technical/business information during visits to distributors throughout Europe and
- Prepare and support creation of presentation materials for usage at distributor and retailer level
- Evaluate and analyze disputed warranties and complaints from the market regarding Argon 18 products and report accordingly
- Produce content for technical advisories, FAQ’s and trouble-shooting when needed
- Assembly of bikes on a limited basis
- Management and maintenance of a fleet of demo bikes
- Communicate with professional team mechanics
- Execute marketing activities and attend events
- A technical or commercial certification but acting and thinking on a business level
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in the bicycle industry
- Good skills with software to create customer-facing material (i.e. Power Point, Excel)
- Proven technical knowledge of bicycle products and affinity with the bicycle industry
- Good language skills in English both verbally and in writing; French/Italian are bonus
- Willingness to travel across Europe and Asia (including weekends)
- Expertise: You possess and maintain expertise within your own working field. You are a knowledge base for colleagues and partners. You pass on know-how to other people.
- Conceptual thinking: You clarify and simplify complicated situations or ideas, making them easier to understand.
- Analytical thinking: You can solve problems by assessing and evaluating them systematically.
- Information seeking: You possess the capacity to get the required information by conducting research and by working with colleagues in order to get information and ideas to better service customers.
SENIOR ENGINEER – NEW PRODUCTS INTRODUCTION (SPECIALIZED IN ELECTRONIC & SOFTWARE) – MANDATE 2017
The Senior NPI Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the introduction of new products into production. A successful NPI engineer; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in technical program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an fast passed development environment and works well within a team structure to delivery results.
- As a member of the Manufacturing team, work with the team to lead the introduction of new products.
- Define, plan and execute on all New Product Introduction (NPI) programs. Establish standards for Design for Manufacturing and lead the definition of manufacturing process requirements for major programs.
- Engage design engineers and manufacturing team from design and prototype development through product launch to ensure schedule, cost and quality objectives are met.
- Provide leadership in defining/communicating Operations' requirements early in the NPI cycle.
- Develop test strategies, processes and detailed documented procedures to ensure quality and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Lead test automation engineers to create tools necessary to support manufacturing goals for cycle time, data tracking and report generation.
- Coordinate activities relating to Contract Manufacturer's and Operations extended teams to meet Beta and launch commitments.
- Engage with Contract Manufacturers’ technical staff to develop on-site test plans, strategies and implementation.
- Determine new product manufacturing resource requirements, development plans, and introduction schedules.
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and operations to define, track and ensure completion of NPI project objectives.
- Project manage/coordinate NPI activities, including: quality, supply chain design, product manufacturability & testability, mfg. cost reduction.
- Participate in programs aimed at reducing production cycle-times, manufacturing defects and product costs.
- Generate documentation for NPI and sustaining efforts.
- Manage the stabilization of NPI transitions: evaluate in-process quality data and drive corrective action as required to maximize product manufacturability and to mitigate business risks.
- Manage regular monitoring/reporting and reviews of project objectives, schedules and achievement of key milestones as required.
- Develop action plans to characterize and mitigate high risks due to new assembly techniques, technologies, and materials.
- Determines process requirements for new products & measures product performance to those requirements.
- Provide ongoing technical support and training to manufacturing personnel.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including assembly and test
- Ability to create BOM’s and control documentation
- Must be able to create and implement assembly/process documentation and provide training to personnel
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Working knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements, and ROHS
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical components
- Ability to research parts and/or other information
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with CAD programs such as SolidWorks or Autocad
- Familiar with PCB Layout and Schematic capture programs
Anyone wishing to apply should send his or her resume by email to email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE - SAN DIEGO, CA
Technical Representative - San Diego, CA
Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting to the Sales Director for North America, the main tasks and responsibilities of the technical representative at Argon 18 are to give technical training, service, and presentations to all customers, including retailers and end users. This position is based in San Diego, CA 92123.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical support for Argon 18 key retailers throughout the United States.
- Share collected technical and business information from dealer visits.
- Support and prepare presentation materials for the retailer level.
- Evaluate and analyze warranties and complaints from the market, dealers, and users regarding Argon 18 products and report accordingly to warranty department.
- Manage and maintain demo fleet; some assembly will be required.
- Liaise with professional team mechanics and internal departments.
- Create and execute demo and events calendar including consumer events, sales events, and information sessions with dealers and consumers.
- Attend trade shows and industry events.
- Work in collaboration with sales team to grow business.
- Attend trade shows and industry events.
- A technical or commercial certification, Shimano Tech certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in the bicycle industry.
- Proven technical knowledge of bicycle products and affinity with the bicycle industry.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Clean driving record.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time, including weekends and some trips to Montreal.
- A valid passport.
- Superior customer service skills.
- A love for cycling.
- Expertise: possess and maintain expertise within working field, be a knowledge base for colleagues and partners, and pass on know-how to other people.
- Conceptual thinking: clarify and simplify complicated situations or ideas, making them easier to understand.
- Analytical thinking: solve problems by assessing and evaluating them systematically.
- Information seeking: possess the capacity to get the required information by conducting research and by working with colleagues to get information and ideas to better service customers.
- Business level writing proficiency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google programs including PowerPoint.
Salary: 45K to 50K
Please apply through the Argon 18 website. Resumes and cover letters must be in PDF format.
Location: Montreal, Québec
Argon 18 is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable bicycle enthusiast with a mastery of Studio Max, V-ray and photoshop to fill the role of 3D artist. This individual will be responsible for creating true to life visuals and animations of our product line for web and print.
- Making photorealistic renderings of all products.
- Model and manage a portfolio of peripheral products where 3D files are not accessible.
- Retouching 2D images in Photoshop.
- Manage and update all core product visuals for our website on a model year basis.
- Play a proactive role within the marketing department working collaboratively to execute product documentation and sales support tools.
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming sessions leading to new and innovative ways to add value in our visual elements.
- Proactively provide new ideas, perspectives, way to display or highlight products or product features.
- Technical degree or bachelor in related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in a similar position.
- Must demonstrate a Strong knowledge of 3D studio max, V-ray and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D and Zbrush an asset.
- Demonstrate a very strong mechanical and functional attention to detail.
- Expertise in in Industrial Design/Architecture/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong communication skills: both visual and verbal.
- A willingness to work effectively with a multi disciplinary team, including Designers, Engineers and Marketing Professionals.
- Passionate Cyclist a strong plus.
Qualified candidates, please email cover letter, résumé and portfolio of work: firstname.lastname@example.org